Have you checked out the Learning Lab yet?

• John Kmiec

May 10, 2024 at 4:25 pm

I updated my picture in my profile, joined the USM, AI, and Online Teaching Groups, requested some contacts, and started Empowering Students to Use AI Responsibly. 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  acuecommdev.
  • Marlene Naquin

May 10, 2024 at 4:30 pm
    1 Point

Not yet. looking at the site and connecting. == as a break from grading finals!

I look forward to sharing ideas and information

• Meghan Snow

May 10, 2024 at 4:32 pm

Good luck with the grading! They are there for you when you’re ready 🙂

• beckwitepalmbeachstate-edu

May 15, 2024 at 12:14 pm
    8 Points

hi everybody.

I have started using ChatGPT to help with putting together some items for my psychology classes. I am trying to study some of the more complex AI where I can make videos, etc. Many of them require a paid subscription, however I want to do a little practice first. **I have discussed with my students and provided an ethics sheet on using AI. An suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Glad to be here:)

• Meghan Snow

May 15, 2024 at 10:49 pm

I also use chatgpt to first draft some basic documents, or enter some of my writing to have chatgpt update tone or summarize – it’s been helpful! As you dive deeper into using AI, definitely check out the quick study courses in the Learning Lab. Lots of other resources in blogs and articles as well, we’ll keep sharing in this group and hope you share what you’re finding too!

• Michael Pelaez

July 19, 2024 at 2:48 pm
    214 Points
    Commons Launch Leader Recognition: Top Founding Contributor

Hi all!

I followed John’s footsteps and did the same, updated my profile picture, joined the AI group and started with Empowering Students to Use AI Responsibly. I’m excited to see all the possibilities with AI. It’s comforting to see that the same concerns we have as educators as far as using AI ethically and productively are the same concerns students have in many cases. Our college recently partnered with the Mark Cuban Foundation and we offer an AI Bootcamp for students as well as a recently launched Bachelor of Applied Science in Applied Artificial Intelligence. I’m looking forward to being involved in those programs at our college and will definitely bring updates to share.